Terms and Conditions
Responsible Brands on each quotation and/or invoice request that you read these terms and conditions and accept the placing of an order or service as these terms and condition as read and the order binding and payable, with all the terms and condition listed herein.
Responsible Brands implements the Google Analytics Advertising Features which makes use of first and third-party cookies and identifiers together.
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features that Responsible Brands uses through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps or any other available means.
Click here for Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
We understand that our clients require samples in order to close a deal.
Responsible Brands’s sample policy is as follows:
- Samples are available for purchase and collection from our Cape Town Sample shop.
- Clients ordering samples from either Johannesburg or Durban may have these sent overnight to the respective branches.
- Samples with an individual product price of less than R50 excluding VAT may not be returned.
- Samples with an individual product price of R50 excluding VAT or more may be returned for a refund or credit.
- Memory sticks may not be returned for credit. We recommend purchasing dummy memory stick samples.
- Samples must be returned in the time frame allocated in the original condition as well as original packaging so that a refund/credit can be ensured.
- It may take up to a week to carefully check samples that are returned and once we are satisfied that samples are fit for resale we will issue the refund or credit note.
- Damage to any part of the sample, missing labels or packaging will result in samples not being accepted for return.
- Importantly, when returning samples, the original invoice relevant to the samples needs to accompany the returned goods before a credit note will be issued and a refund effected.
- EFT refunds are processed every Friday.
- All orders need to be paid for and collected within 5 working days of invoice date and if not paid and collected within this time, they will be cancelled and cancellation fees applies.
- Sample orders may only be returned for credit, at your expense, to the Johannesburg office. These orders cannot be returned to our other branches.
Branding Terms and Conditions
ACCEPTABLE FILE FORMATS: .CDR / .EPS / .AI / .PDF / .FH
- We require artwork to be supplied in vector format.
- We accept PC format artwork only.
TIPS TO HELP YOU PREPARE YOUR ARTWORK
- All fonts must be converted to curves to avoid font substitutions.
- Please include font and size if typesetting is requested.
- Artwork for multi-colour imprints should be sent as a colour separated file (exceptions: digital printing).
- Formats we do not accept: Word files, .gif, .jpeg (under 600dpi), Power Point.
- Please forward the electronic artwork directly to your Account Manager at Responsible Brands.
- Upon written approval of layouts please confirm with your Account Manager that they have received your signoff. Alternatively, you can do this via email.
- Responsible Brands cannot take responsibility for non-delivery of orders if layout approval is not received.
- Branding will only commence once full payment for stock and branding has been received and artwork has been approved.
- Placing of orders and branding will only commence once payment has cleared in our account.
- Please email all proof of payments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For urgent orders please select same-day payment should you not bank with FNB.
- Reminders will be sent out daily if we require either approval or payment from you before commencing with a job. If you have paid for and approved the order and are still receiving these reminders, please contact your Account Manager directly to ensure that we have received all the relevant information.
- Delivery dates are quoted from the day after artwork approval and receipt of payment – whichever is later.
- Amendments made to proofs will result in a delay to the delivery date. Should you require changes, we will issue a new layout for final proofing before production commences.
- Artwork received in the correct format will not be charged for.
- Artwork not received in the correct format will attract a redrawing fee of R200 excluding VAT. This fee will accommodate 2 further changes to the layouts, where after any additional changes will be charged for at R100 excluding VAT per change.
- Branding cancelled after layouts have been generated will be charged for at R200 excluding VAT per layout completed.
General Terms and Conditions
- Once stock has been collected/delivered from/by Responsible Brands, Responsible Brands has no control over it. As such we do not accept responsibility for any damages or shortages not reported within 24 hours.
- Whilst every effort has been made to fulfil all orders correctly, should you take our goods to an external branding company, we ask that you check all items received BEFORE they get branded, as Responsible Brands will not replace any items for what ever reason branded, amended or fixed by another supplier.
Responsible Brands cannot accept returns on incorrect items which have already been branded regardless of whether it’s Responsible Brands fault or not.
It may take up to a week to carefully check unbranded stock that is returned and once we are satisfied that stock is fit for resale we will issue the refund or credit note.
- In the case of stock being sent by courier to regions outside of Johannesburg (i.e. Durban, Cape Town etc), clients have 72 hours from time of collection by courier, to report missing or damaged items. No claims will be entertained thereafter.
- Once an order for memory sticks has been collected from us, we, unfortunately, cannot accept a return on it.
- We do not accept returns on discontinued and clearance items.
- We do not accept returns or changes to orders for items that need to be assembled – eg. PENS.
- The ETA (estimated time of arrival) dates indicated for stock are updated regularly but due to unforeseen supplier, shipping or customs delays, these dates cannot be guaranteed.
- Day 1 of branding is the day after receipt of both artwork approval and payment (COD clients).
- Lead times exclude weekends, South-African public holidays and Responsible Brands’s annual shutdown period.
- We only accepts EFT’s as method of payment. For bank cash deposit fee of 1.5% is charged in lieu of bank charges.
- We do not accept cash for any orders since having cash on the premises is a security risk.
- Stock will only be released once proof of payment has been received. We encourage you to pay into our matching bank account ensure that your order is cleared immediately.
- Payments from outside South Africa take between 4 and 7 working days to clear. Orders will only be placed and released once payment has reflected.
- For orders that require branding, branding will only commence once stock and branding has been paid for in full.
- Please contact your Account Manager to confirm that we have received your proof of payment, once payment has been made.
- Responsible Brands cannot be responsible for missed deadlines if you have not confirmed that payment has been received.
ORDERS COLLECTED BY COURIER
- Please request a COURIER COLLECTION FORM from your Account Manager or at our collections department.
- Please accurately complete all the required fields on the form and either email back to your Account Manager or to our collections department.. Clients who complete the form and return it several hours prior to their couriers (or drivers) collecting their orders, experience shorter waiting times and a more efficient experience overall.
- Please do not send your couriers to collect orders until you have received an email from Responsible Brands notifying you that your goods are ready for collection. Once the emailed invoice is received, your order is ready for collection.
- Please ensure that your courier knows who they are collecting for and how many orders they are collecting. All relevant invoice numbers must appear on the collection form.
- Stock will not be released to couriers until payment is received. Please do not send your courier to collect if you have not effected payment and provided proof thereof to Responsible Brands, and confirmed that we have received the proof of payment.
- If your account is in credit, please advise us upfront to use your credit to clear the relevant invoices otherwise your credit will not be used.
RESPONSIBLE BRANDS CANCELLATION POLICY
- Written orders by email or What’s Ap constitute a binding contract and are legally enforceable.
- Once an order has been emailed or messaged, cancellations prior to collection will be subject up to a 25% handling and admin fee.
- All orders need to be paid for within 10 working days of invoice and if not paid within this time, will be cancelled with the relevant cancellation fees.
- Branding will not commence until full payment and artwork approval has been received. Any orders not paid for within 7 working days will be deemed to have been cancelled, products will be put back to stock and a 25% handling charge will be levied.
- In the case of cancelled orders where layouts have been done, a layout fee of R200 excluding VAT per layout will be levied, irrespective of whether we are able to meet your deadline or not, unless the branding deadline has been indicated to your Account Manager upon placement of order.
- Orders for clients on payment terms may not be cancelled after sitting on our shelves for 7 working days.
- Collected stock may not be returned, unless approved in writing by Management within 48 hours of collection, subject to a 25% handling and admin fee. Please do not return orders without prior written consent from Responsible Brands Management. Orders returned without accompanying written consent and corresponding invoice will not be accepted by our returns department.
- Once stock of an item that is on special or discontinued has been collected no returns will be accepted, unless said stock is faulty.
- Cancellation fees need to be paid before further orders will be processed.
- Please note: we do not accept bulk order returns at any of our branches. Bulk order returns are subject to prior Management approval and are to be returned to our Johannesburg office (these will attract a handling fee).
- Should you require a guaranteed delivery date, please arrange for your courier to collect the order from Johannesburg. Responsible Brands will not be held responsible should the above delivery times not be met, whether through the fault of Responsible Brands or the courier company.
- Responsible Brands do not insure goods that are to be delivered, the onus is upon the client to ensure the relevant insurance is requested and paid for, to ensure any damage, loss or theft for goods during transit to be delivered. Clients who collect their own goods need to ensure the necessary insurance or cover is in place to cover their goods in the event of damage, loss or theft. Once the goods are collected it becomes your responsibility.
- Deliveries can be booked to destinations within South Africa only.
- Orders will only be dispatched for delivery once all invoices booked on the same delivery are ready for collection. If there are branded orders on the invoices booked for the same all job cards on the invoices must be ready for collection before the order is dispatched for delivery. The lead time for unbranded orders is approximately 24 hours. Lead times for branded orders must be checked with your account manager.
- In cases where the delivery invoice is separate to the invoice/s being delivered, delivery will only take place once the delivery invoice is paid in full and the order/s being delivered are ready for collection. Payment for a delivery only invoice post orders being ready for collection may affect the delivery lead-time.
- Should you require a guaranteed delivery date, please book your delivery accordingly, bearing in mind the total lead-time for the invoice/s you are couriering. Responsible Brands will not be held responsible should the above delivery times not be met, whether through the fault of Responsible Brands or the delivery service.
- Deliveries must be booked by 10:00 AM in order to leave the supplier in Johannesburg on that day. Orders booked after 10:00 AM will leave with the next day’s consignments or on the day the courier service that route.
- Day 1 of the delivery lead-time is the day after the goods have left suppliers in Johannesburg.
- Delivery lead-times are dependent on consignment weight, service selected and destination.
- As power banks contain lithium batteries they cannot be overnighted to areas where the overnight service requires that goods be airfreighted.
- Branding lead-times exclude delivery lead-times.
- Delivery cannot be cancelled once the order/s are on a collection shelf.
UNBRANDED BULK ORDERS:
- Unbranded bulk orders will be dispatched the day after both the payment has been received and the branch selection has been updated. Bulk orders have a lead time of 24 – 48 work hours before collection either by client or courier
To the extent that any incident or circumstance beyond Responsible Brands control (including natural occurrences, WHO recognized Pandemics, war, strikes,
lock-outs, shortages of raw materials and energy, obstruction of transportation, breakdown of manufacturing equipment, fire, explosion, or acts of
government or other authority), prevents or delays Responsible Brands from fulfilling its obligations under any Accepted Order, Responsible Brands shall inform the Customer
as soon as reasonably possible and shall: (i) not be liable and shall be relieved from its obligations; (ii) be entitled to extend the time for performance of
its obligations by a period at least equivalent to that during which performance has been prevented or delayed; and (iii) have no obligation to procure
Goods from other sources. If Responsible Brands is so prevented or delayed for a period of more than 3 (three) months, Responsible Brands may terminate the applicable
Accepted Order(s) on notice to the Customer without the Customer having any right to compensation.
- Should there be any delays from any contracted supplier who will supply or brand your order and/or any courier service, Responsible Brands can not be held responsible for any reason whatsoever as the service is beyond our control. Should we be informed of any delays, we will inform our clients as soon as it is possible.
- Please do not attempt collection of an order until you have received the emailed notification stating that your order is now ready for collection.
We thank you for reading our Terms and Conditions. Should you have any queries or do not understand any term, please feel free to contact your Account Manager in this regard to ensure you make an informed decision to purchase.